Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Wedding Ring Saga continues . . . .

I hate it when I let high pressured sales people get the best of me. I went back to the jewelry store in the mall yesterday. I told them upfront that my husband was out of town and that we wanted to decide together about either getting a new wedding ring for me or putting my diamonds in another band. Of course they show the most expensive rings--I kept asking for more economical rings and when I thought they would not go down any more--I called Dad who is in Atlanta, Georgia this week-and he happened to be in class--so he couldn't discuss anything and said he did not want to spend that much right now. It was stupid for me to even bother him--anyhow when I went back into the store-- the lady reacted like she could not believe that my husband would not spend that much on me. I will never ever go back in that store again. I sat in the van for a few minutes and cried. I called Ginger. She told me to take a deep breath and to go to several places and get estimates. I have decided to wait until my good husband returns and we can do this together. :)
Yesterday would have been my mama's 81st birthday. I thought about her all day.
Today I was going to paint the living room--I went to walk with Nila at the mall--and we decided to go and VT one of our less active sisters--and found out that she has taken in 4 children whose mother has been put in the mental hospital. This sister is in a wheel chair. Can you even begin to imagen how overwhelmed she must be feeling. Anyhow--we put some money together and bought a baby bed mattress for the two year old. Nila took the little two year old home with her for the day and I brought chili dogs over for their dinner.
In the middle of all of this I stopped by to visit a sister in the hospital and when I walked in her room--she was struggling to breathe. I ran and got the nurses--about 4 of them came back with me. They raised her head and immediately called her doctor. I went and got a family member. She is better tonight.
It has been a busy day. I am grateful that Heavenly Father gives me these opportunities to serve so that I can hopefully overcome my weaknesses one day.
Hey you Seven and the Twelve--you are the JOY of my life! I love you each with all my heart.
Mama/Memaw

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...