Thursday, October 9, 2008

Deer Tracks in our Garden :)

My deer have been eating their deer corn every night this week and this evening I found deer tracks in our garden! :)
We have hundreds of broken limbs high up in our trees since Hurricane Ike. This week we have had three large ones fall to the ground. The last one is about 20 ft long and much too large for me to haul out to the road for pick up.
We had a water leak under our home this week--I think it has been leaking for over two months. Our last two bills have been over 100 dollars, but they had put in new modern meters that somehow can be read at the water department now. There was an article in the newspaper about people complaining about their high water bills--so I just thought it was one more thing that was going to be higher--A good neighbor helped Grandpa McKneely crawl under the house Monday evening and they found the leak and fixed it. I was so grateful for good neighbors with Robert in Georgia this week. I called the water department, and they called me back this morning and said they had looked at my meter recordings for the last two months, and they gave me the specific time on Monday evening that we stopped the leak. The supervisor said he was going to give me a $75 credit because of the leakage. He was very nice.
Thirty five years ago today I lost my first baby. It was a very difficult experience. We were living in San Angelo, Texas. Daddy was in the Air Force there. My mom could not be with me, and I felt such a great loss. I was about three months along. I actually had labor pains. I am grateful that Heavenly Father blessed me with children. I love you all with all my heart.
Love,
Mama/Memaw

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you! :)


You are simply AMAZING! :)

Ally said...

you need to put pictures up!! I love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...