Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our Judicial System in Action :)

I did not get chosen for the jury--75 issues had been sent out and 21 of us showed up and they only needed 6 individuals--but the Judge invited us to remain--we all are to be paid $6!!!! I decided to stay. Eventually I got locked in the Court room--so I had to stay until the Jury came out with their judgement. It was an assualt case against a local attorney who is running for judge. He was a volunteer soccer coach and had been charged with assualt against a 13 year old volunter referree. I would never vote for this attorney--he smacked on a piece of gum and acted like he owned the court room, but I agreed with the Jury that the state failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he was guilty--a pinhead as O'Reilly would say--but nevertheless innocent.
I was quite impressed with the attorney's lawyer. He looked like and reminded me of Mike--my son-in-law. Anyhow when I got home this evening Robert took me out to eat and then when we got back home--Mike had left a beautiful plant and note for me. THANKS MIKE! WE LOVE YOU. :) Mike is in town on business for a couple of days with some other associates.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...