Sunday, October 26, 2008

Jury Duty Tomorrow

Tomorrow at 11:30 AM I am to report to jury duty! Once as a college student I was summons to the Court House to do jury duty, but was dismissed before they got to me, so this will be a new experience for me. Of course this is only the City of Nacogdoches Municipal Court--so we will most likely be dealing with someone who is fighting a traffic ticket or such. We shall see!
Friday I delivered my precious passenger Kayden back to her mommy and returned home alone. Saturday--Papa let me sleep in. I did not get up until 11:00 AM. I have not slept that late in a very long, long time. We certainly enjoyed having Breanna and Kayden spend a week with us! :)
Yesterday I was called to go to the local hospital emergency room--a little boy 7 years old had threatened suicide--he is not a member of the Church, but has been takened in by an inactive sister in our ward--he came to Primary today, and he looked so down. I wish I could just pick him up and take away all the hurt and abuse he has seen in his little life. I have been so down this afternoon because I cannot help him. Will you please keep him and his brothers and sister in your prayers today? I am so grateful that my precious grandchildren are loved and being taught how very special they are. Today in our Sunday School class our lesson was on third Nephi chapters 17-19--my favorite part of the Book of Mormon where the Savior blesses each of the little Nephite children--"Behold--your little ones!" Our teacher invited the Primary children to come in and sing to us. There in front of Dad and me stood Christian--the little seven year old. I know the Savior is aware of him and I place my trust in His hands.
I love you all so much.
Mama/Mema

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Aults can't stay out of court. Good luck with jury duty -- I have always wanted to do that. I love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...