Monday, September 1, 2008

Gustav is coming!!!!!

Dear Family,
The weather man says about 1:00 AM what is left of the hurricane will come over a little north of Nacogdoches/Lufkin area! We have Bubba up under the garage with his dog house and Spicey is in the garage and the birds and Memaw and Papa are safely in the house all honkered down. :) We ONLY have 8 evacuees in our ward building. That is so much better than the 161 we had three years ago when Rita blew through here. We have the kitchen at the Church full of food and Priesthood there around the clock. I spent about 4 or 5 hours at the Church today and they have my cell phone and home numbers if they need me.
Mary Megan is safely back in Utah from her trip to California. Abby is staying with Chris and his family during the storm.
Wednesday morning I will be taking Grandpa McKneely to have his biopsy done. Please keep him in your prayers. We had such a good time at the Brights'. Miss KayKay almost wanted to come home with us but she did not get out of her mommy's arms. :)
I am all excited about the Republican Convention--I hope they get it going tomorrow.
I love you all so much. I just had a message from Bradley--checking if the big storm was here and if we were okay. We have the BEST FAMILY in the entire world!
Love you! Love you! Love you!
Mema/Mama

2 comments:

The Bright Family said...

I'm glad you didn't get blown away!! We were worried about you, but I guess the hurricane fizzled pretty quickly. :) Thank you for coming to see me--it meant a lot!! I love my Mom & Dad!! :) Let me know how it goes with Grandpa tomorrow.

Aunt Lou said...

Hi cousin Marsha,
Do you have an email anymore or just use your blog? I just heard from a McKneely descendant (thru Ruby McKneely Page)which reminded me I hadn't heard from you in awhile. Would love to have larger versions of your family photo and you and Robert to put in my family file. Warmest regards, Cousin Lou Nelson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...