Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Do you know what "plantar fasciitis" is????? :)

I just found out what is wrong with my left heel. When I first get out of bed in the mornings or if I have to get up during the night--at times the pain has been so bad that I can hardly put any pressure on my left heel. I did a google search this morning. If I put on shoes usually the pain subsides and as I go on through the day, I am just fine. Last night after I vacuumed all the floors following our company for dinner and Family Home Evening--my heel felt really tight. I know that sounds weird--but it felt like a cramped muscle. Anyhow--in my internet search I found out that a ligament called "plantar fascia" stretches from the heel bone to the ball of the foot. It is more narrow at the heel and widens as it stretches to the ball of the foot. This ligament is swollen and inflamed. All of my symptoms are exactly perfectly described for this condition called "PLANTAR FASCIITIS". It is 98% curable with muscle stretches, icing, taping up, rest, massage and taking over the counter anti -inflammatory medicines. I wanted so bad to start back walking this morning--but my heel was really hurting--so I am going to give this ligament time to heal and try to take better care of myself. I am going to do 100 roll outs with my board on wheels that Grandpa McKneely made for me and watch my eating!
Anyways--YOU NOW KNOW WHAT PLANTAR FASCIITIS IS!!! :)
I hope you each have a great day.
All My Love,
Mama/Memaw

2 comments:

Ally said...

I hope your heel heals soon!:) I wish I could be with you right now instead of home alone! I love you!

Stamp With Linz said...

I know what it is! :) I've been thinking about you for months...sorry I'm such a lame friend. It looks like all is well with you. I miss you. Drop me a line when you get a chance. I'd love to hear the latest from my favorite Nacogdocians! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...