
Monday, September 15, 2008
The Aftermath of Hurricane Ike
Dad, Grandpa McKneely and I have worked really hard the last two days, and tonight our homestead looks almost back to normal except for the branch hanging by the road and the tree on the line in the pictures. We are going to let the experts take care of those two trees. I drove to the Church this evening and there is still NO power on there, so we are postponing our Enrichment meeting scheduled for tomorrow night. I then drove to get some milk at Walmart and it was CLOSED! I drove back through Nacogdoches and I could not believe the damage and destruction in our town. Some eating places were opened with cars parked all over the place. We still have many evacuees here who cannot return home. They are walking up and down North Street. My heart went out to them. We are some of the lucky ones that have gotten our power back on and Internet. When the electric trucks passed by our house, I ran out like a crazy woman waving and yelling: "THANK YOU--THANK YOU--THANK YOU SO MUCH!" :) I hope you each are safe this night and know that Heavenly Father loves you and so does your Mama and Dad.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
That brings back memories! I'm glad the damage was minimal...best wishes in the clean up! Love you guys!
Post a Comment