Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday, November 9th, 2008

Dear Family,
We had a really good Ward Conference. We had plenty of food and yet everything was eaten up as members and Stake visitors went back for seconds again and again. :) When I came out of my leadership meeting--everything was all cleaned up. I could not believe my eyes. I was really touched that members stayed and worked hard and cleaned up the Church.
A little over an hour ago--Sallie Halls Dodge just called me from Utah. Her dad, Brother Lowell Halls passed away a few hours ago. They think he had a massive heart attack. Brother Halls was a very important person as I was growing up. He was the first Branch President in the Nacogdoches-Lufkin area in the 60's. My dad (Grandpa McKneely) served as one of his counselors. I am sad--but how grateful I am for the testimony I have of the great plan of happiness and that families are forever. I know he is now with his wife Jane. What a glorious reunion must be going on! :)
Next Saturday is our McKneely Reunion in Waller, Texas. I sure wish some of my kiddos or grandkiddos could be going with us--oh well--it will be fun to be with my cousins. :)
I love you all. You are sealed to me and Dad--and I am striving to be worthy of that sealing.
Mama/Memaw/Marsha

1 comment:

Thereasa said...

Hi Marsha,

It's been a very long since I've seen Brother Halls. He was indeed a very special person in my childhood. As a matter of fact, he baptized me on Aug. 1, 1964 ... just a few days after my 8th birthday ... that's a very special day I'll never forget.

Brother and Sister Halls were both extra special people.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...