Monday, March 24, 2008

What makes a mom or memaw happy?????? :)

This morning I got up early and fixed breakfast for Papa--we had prayer together and read Chapter 27 of Mosiah in the Book of Mormon. Some parents in the Book of Mormon were very worried about their sons who were not living the Lord's commandments. They prayed daily for their children. Heavenly Father sent an angel to stand before these young men in response to their parents' pleading prayers. The angel called them to repentance. These young men from that day forward ceased doing bad things and dedicated their lives to preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. I hung on each word of this chapter. It filled my heart and soul with hope and faith.
I went out to my mail box and there was a letter from Bradley. He had written every word in the letter. I was so proud of him. In front of my computer I have an email that Cailey and Zach sent me several weeks ago. Whenever I get to feeling a little down--I stop and read their sweet message to me. It always brings a smile to my face. It is quite simple---when you become a wife, and then a mother and eventually a "Memaw"--nothing matters more than FAMILY. I would like to share two quotes with you. Enjoy. And know that I love each of you no matter what. You are most important in my life and always will be.

"Too frequently, women underestimate their influence for good. Well could you follow the formula given by the Lord: 'Establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God.'
In such a house will be found happy, smiling children who have been taught, by precept and example, the truth. In a Latter-day Saint home, children are not simply tolerated, but welcomed; not commanded, but encouraged; not driven, but guided; not neglected, but loved."
--by President Thomas S. Monson

""Sometimes as parents we feel we have failed when our children make mistakes or stray. Parents are never failures when they do their best to love, teach, pray, and care for their children. Their faith, prayers, and efforts will be consecrated to the good of their children. . . . No family has reached perfection. All families are subject to the conditions of mortality. All of us are given the gift of agency--to choose for ourselves and to learn from the consequences of our choices." ---by Elder Robert D. Hales

SO WHAT MAKES A MOM OR MEMA HAPPY--A FOREVER FAMILY FOR ALL ETERNITY--THAT WILL ALWAYS BE THE GREATEST GIFT YOU CAN GIVE. :)

3 comments:

The Bright Family said...

I guess my kids need to draw some pictures or write some letters--sorry. :( We love you Memaw!!

Marsha McKneely Ault said...

Amber--I have letters from your kiddos also. I enjoyed talking with Karston and Miss KayKay this morning. Thank you for giving me such precious grandchildren. :)

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

I like that quote from Pres. Monson. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...