Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"How Firm a Foundation!" :)

Today was our third day of construction for our new sun room addition on the homestead! Several tons of concrete mix and 900 bricks will form our foundation for our new addition.
Grandpa McKneely (83 years young!) with his tractor helped remove the last part of the sidewalk yesterday. That is Uncle Len on the back of the back hoe and in the background is Bradley, Len's son. (Three generations of McKneelys at work! :) )





Billy and Bradley dug most of the footings for the rebar and concrete mix.

This is the first day--vinyl siding coming off. We found signs that some tiny mice had been living inbetween the siding and our walls. YUCKO! :(

I will regularly post pictures of our progress. We will have four doors and nine windows! Our windows on the front will be clear without any dividers. They will open with screens and can tilt inward for easy cleaning. They will be four feet wide and 5 feet tall. We will have one french door taking the place of the front dinning room window and double french doors taking the place of the large window in the living room and one exterior door half glass and half wood.
I am stressed--but a good stress. :)




2 comments:

Ally said...

looks good! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

Glad I'm not the only one with mice problems! hehehe Looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...