Saturday, June 6, 2009

Shish-Kabobs, Great Blue Heron, Midnight Run to Latrine, and Remembering When :)

Camping is NOT my favorite things to do--but I decided about one month ago that this would be my anniversary gift to my good husband Robert Ault for our 36th Wedding Anniversary! :) So READY OR NOT--HERE WE GO!!
On Thursday, June 4th Robert and I with our car packed full of campin' gear head out to the wilderness at Ratcliff Lake--about 35 miles from our home in Nacogdoches.
Robert was BEAMING WITH EXCITEMENT! HE LOVES CAMPING!



Okay--I will admit--I was excited also. Robert said I was just like an excited little kid! :)


Robert wanted to walk all the way out on this tree in the lake. I persuaded him not to be so risky!



So he came back to me on the shore!






I LOVED hiking on the trail.




I know we are being mushy and all that stuff--but hey this is our 36th wedding anniversary--we must be truly in love! :)




The water was really clear--we could see the bottom of the lake and fish swimming around. The weather was absolutely perfect!




When we camp--ROBERT IS THE CHEF! Here he is cooking us omelets! M-M-M!! :)



Here we are all snuggled in our tent for the night after we said our prayer together.

Here Robert is cooking Shish-Kabobs! I had never eaten "Shish-Kabobs" before. I was starving and they tasted so good. Shish-Kabobs are popular in Russia! :)


I had to wake up my good husband at midnight to make a latrine run! We did not even use a flashlight--we had a full moon and I hung on to my good husband just in case we ran into some critter! :)






Robert cooking over our camp fire.

Night is coming on! Robert brought our baseball bat and unbeknown to me--he had his hunting knife under our mattress!



Our "HOME" away from home. :)



The woods were beautiful even though there is still a lot of tree damage from Hurricane Ike.


Thirty six years and still going!







If you will look on the fallen tree across the marsh in the bottom left corner of this photo you will see a Great Blue Heron!


The bridge across the marsh was my favorite part of the hiking trail.

Well it is time to return back home to celebrate Robert's 59th birthday. Thank you my good companion for an anniversary trip that I will long remember with lots of love and excitement. I LOVE YOU MORE WITH THE PASSING OF EVERY DAY AND LOOK FORWARD TO OUR ETERNITY TOGETHER! :)

2 comments:

The Bright Family said...

looks like fun! :)

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

That was so nice! Glad y'all had a good anniversary weekend. I love you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...