The clock just struck midnight. Robert is sound asleep. All of our seven are off on their own somewhere in this great big world. I feel lonesome for them at this late hour. I have been so blessed in the children category. I would like to write something personally to each of my children including something to the two babies who did not live long enough to be born.
First Baby--I lost you on October 9, 1973. I lost control of our car and went up on the curb. It had just started raining--I think I must have hydroplaned. I was pretty shuck up. Later this day you came too early and it was a really difficult time for me and your daddy. We were so excited when we found out we were having our first little one. We do not know if you were a boy or a little girl--but you were very much wanted and loved. Our hope is that one day you will be part of the Robert Ault Family.
Ginger Ann--you were exactly what I wanted--a beautiful dark headed baby girl! I had to work really hard to get you born--I felt overwhelmed becoming a mother--I wished I had nursed you--but I sang to you and rocked you and got up so many times those first few months to make sure you were breathing. Daddy loved you from the very moment he laid eyes on you--you not being a boy--did not even matter after that moment. You are a beautiful wife and mommy now--how proud we are of who you have become. Thank you for our precious Bowie grandchildren to love and enjoy. :)
Leigh Ann--I can remember placing you beside Ginger in the play pen--you were with your big sister--it was meant to be from that first moment. I can remember the moment the temple worker brought you in to the sealing room and put you upon the altar between Daddy and me and you were sealed to us for all time and eternity. Ginger was present also. I can remember you placing your feet upon the steering wheel when Dad was holding you and driving somewhere--back then--there were NO car seats and rules--you have given us three precious grandchildren to love. :)
Amber Dawn--you came fast into this world--I can remember the first Sunday I took you to Church--your two older sisters were so proud of you--they were on either side of your baby carrier--they would not let anyone get close to you at all! Even though you were a Daddy's girl pretty early on--your mommy loved you with all her heart. You were always singing as a little child. You were a picky eater--You were our first child to get to wear "pampers"! You have a calming spirit about you--your little wisdom has touched my heart and soul. We so enjoy our Bright grandbabies. You are a good Mommy! :)
Joshua Stephen--you were a direct answer to my prayer for a BOY for your daddy--even though Robert loves his girls--he had always wanted a SON. What a fine son you are to us both!
You loved nursing! You would not take a bottle nor eat any solid food for the first six months of your life! I can remember Daddy saying that boy babies did not need all of that kissing and stuff--but I remember walking in on Daddy kissing you and hugging you and rocking you! I guess he changed his mind! :) I am so grateful for you Josh. You are such a fine man. We look forward with great anticipation to your future family! We are proud of who you are! :)
Allyson Kay--I distinctly remember you pusing with your head and breaking my water! You by all standards had the most exciting delivery! You were bound and determine to join us here on the earth! When I saw your very blond peach fuss and blue blue eyes--I knew you were my angel--even though you did not look like me! You take the ribbon for being our biggest baby! Now you are the peacemaker--your sweet spirit calms us and touches us deep in our hearts. You have become a loving wife and mommy with your son and daughter and #14 grandchild on the way! You have my middle name. You are precious!
Little Lost One--we were expecting you to join our family on Christmas Eve 1983. I did not get to carry you for very long. We do not know if you were another little angel or a another stripling warrior! We just pray that one day you too will join us and that we will be worthy of having you as a member of this family. You were wanted very much by your earthly family.
Abby Lynn--you were the first baby that Daddy got to be present for your birth! Daddy seeing the whole miracle of you being born--and then the traumatic moment when you did not cry the first long moments--Dr. Caskey and the nurses turning all of their attention to working with you and getting your lungs cleared--how grateful we were to hear those first cries! You are so precious to us Abby. We are so grateful for you. I can remember you taking your first steps--you were covered from head to toe with the chicken pox. You have many talents in working with others who have struggles. We are looking forward to your wedding. :)
Mary Megan--our family was attending stake conference in North Carolina--when we received a distinct prompting that we had another little one waiting to join our family! We were so excited.
You are our only one to not be born in Texas--you did not walk for over 14-15 months. I was so worried that something was wrong with your legs--but Dr. Freeman said, "When Megan grunts--she has 5 sisters and a brother and a mommy and a daddy who are at her beck and call! :) You from the very beginning have been "Miss PersonalityPlus"! :) We are so proud of the choices you are making in your life. We are grateful we listened to that special prompting! :)
Robert Ault--Thank you for making my dreams all come true on this Mother's Day 2009. Thank you for wanting me to be yours for all time and eternity. Thank you for making me feel loved and safe. You are such a good man. How grateful I am to be your wife and traveling beside you through this life. I look forward for more weddings and more grandchildren.
I look forward to serving a mission with you Sweetheart! I am a truly blessed daughter of God.
All My Love,
Marsha/Mema/Mama
4 comments:
Golly maw-
you made me cry like a baby. You know what is funny, I wanted to talk to you last night around 12 but didn't think you were awake. I was going to text you. haha But I didn't. Now I wish I had. :)
I love you mama! :)
Love,
Megan
I love you Meg. (more than you will ever know. :) )
That was so sweet. :) I love you.
I love you Ginger with all my heart. Love, Mama
Post a Comment