Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Garden :)

Today (March 18th) I planted our Spring Garden. It is twice as big as last year. Robert has tilled the ground and fertilized it--I went to the feed store and bought some plants and seeds.
My brother Len came over this evening to look at all of my hard labor --he saw that I had planted my squash right beside my cantelope mounds--he warned me that they will cross pollinate and I will have "squash cantelope" and sweet squash if I do not move one of them to another area! :) I am learning. I have found out that plants have a tendency to grow even though we make mistakes and it is fun learning and trying to do better each year. :) But tomorrow I will transplant the squash or cantelope.
















This is a red bell pepper plant. Our green bell pepper plants last year would ocassionally turn red--so I thought this was neat. :)



Our multiplying onions are from last year and still growing strong.

Robert gave me this weird gardening hat--I wore it today--but I think I prefer a baseball cap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...