Saturday, April 26, 2008

ABC'S OF LIFE :)

I had a great lazy Spring day with Abby Lynn. We went to the "Multicultural Festival" downtown in Nacogdoches and then we went and played Putt-Putt Golf. We both agreed that we do not have any ability with this game, but it was fun. The weather was cool and breezy.
Uncle Jim Ault is here visiting Daddy this weekend. They went to Longview and picked up Uncle Bengie and then went and spent the day in Gilmer and Kelsey. Jim may be in Korea from 12-24 months.
Okay--I thought I would do Amber's ABC's of Life:
A--attached or single: I am very attached to my good husband of almost 35 years! and I am very attached to our seven children and 12 grandchildren and son-in-laws! and I am attached to my dad. I am so grateful for this time I have to be close to him.
B--Best Friends: Robert, my 6 daughters and son, Karen Rushton, Nancy Moore, Lynda Fore, Cindy Midgley, Sallie Halls and many more :)
C--cake or pie: neither presently--because I have high cholesterol which I am trying to get down. :(
D--day of choice: Sunday
E--Essential item: Raisin Bran daily :)
F--favorite color: Purple
G--Gummi Bears or Worms: Do not care for either
H--Hometown: Beaumont, Texas where I was born; Safford, Arizona first 11 years of my life;
Nacogdoches, Texas--all Junior and Senior High School and where we live presently :)
I--Indulgence: Peanut Butter; Home/Garden Channel :)
J--January or July: January--the month I was born in!
K--Kids: Ginger (Clay), Leigh (Michael), Amber (Joshua), Joshua Ault, Allyson (Mike), Abby, and Mary Megan--GRAND-kids: Kelsey, Harrison, Zachary, Cami, Cailey, Hunter, Karston, Rylan, Bradley, Kayden, Breanna, and Cara. :)
L--life is incomplete without: Family, Rainbows, Seashells on the beach, Grandchildren, Love notes, Testimonies, Friends, Kisses and Hugs :)
M--Marriage Date: June 5, 1973
N--Number of Siblings: four brothers and two sisters (one deceased)
O--Oranges or Apples: I LOVE both.
P--Phobias or Fears: We will not be a forever family.
Q--Quote: "If young people could look into the eternities and see the full value of a temple marriage, they would crawl across the continent on their hands and knees to obtain it." by President Brigham Young--I still have this quote posted on our computer. I have such a powerful testimony of the importance of being worthy to go to the temple and making sacred covenants that will bind our families together for all time and eternity.
R--Reason to smile: emails from Cailey Bear, text messages from Kelsey, phone calls from precious grandkiddos, cute sayings from grandchildren like Karston trying to reassure Mema about her new hair do: "Mema, don't worry about your new hair cut--you still look the same--your hair is still bushy!" :)
S--Season: I LOVE the Spring time. All the flowers blooming and our vegetable garden growing with blooms on my tomato plants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
T--Tag--I hear kiddos playing tag may be outlawed by some schools???????????????????
U--unknown fact about ME: I have a phobia about leaving my curling iron plugged in!! I always double check two or three times.
V--Vegetarian or Meat eater: Definitely lean toward being a vegetarian--I LOVE salads but topped with grilled chicken breasts!!!
W--Worst Habit: Eating too much.
X--xrays or ultrasounds--I hate xrays--but they are great blessings in checking our health and body--I never got to have ultra sounds with my babies.
Y--Your favorite food: Raisin Bran with Peanut Butter or Chef Salad
Z--Zodiac: Capricorn but I don't pay much attention to my sign.
Boy that took alot of time--but I like to write and think about the most important things in my life......hope you all know how much this perky, bushy hair Mama and Mema loves you. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...