Dear Family,
Tonight for Family Home Evening, I decided to read from Daddy's/Papa's "Roots" Binder and some journals from Grandmother Ault and Grandma Ricks and a notebook Grandpa McKneely used when he conducted meetings at the old Lufkin Branch. When I opened Grandmother Ault's Journal--a journal we had given her for Mother's Day in 1993--she had made one entry almost 10 years later when Ally and Mike had come to visit her. Then one and half years later there are entries when she was taking her Rituxan treatments for her Leukemia. When I opened the journal there was her tithing receipt dated August 11, 2004 for $100. What a legacy and example she has left for her family! I can remember that day so clearly--she told me to go out to my car and get her purse, so she could pay her tithing. She was having difficulty breathing--I told her she could pay her tithing tomorrow--but she quite firmly instructed me to go and get her purse and I did as she instructed. I cannot remember who helped her fill out her tithing receipt--but she was not able to write. Then she filled out a check so that I could get silver dollars for each of you. Within 30 minutes she was gone. Most likely helping her granddaughters Ally and Abby and baby Bradley's car to stop when skidding out of control before entering into oncoming traffic. Ally was driving to Longview to see Grandmother. The timing was perfect. Mary Lula Denton Ault left this life with her thoughts on her family who were most important to her. Families are to be forever. To this I add my testimonly.
Entry in the Journal of Mary Ault's Journal:
Monday, January 27, 2003
(written by her daughter-in-law Marsha Kay Ault)
"Every 30 minutes the IV machine will beep so the nurse will return and speed up the Rituxan drip.
Mom just asked me; "Do you believe in guardian angels?" I replied, "Yes, I do."
She shared with me the following experience. I know this is a very sacred experience that she will want to remember. Last night which was Sunday, Jan. 26, 2003 near midnight, she was having difficulty trying to go to sleep thinking about her doctor's appointment and treatment today. As she laid in bed, she started praying to the lord. She told me: "we know the Lord has the power to heal." As she was praying, she felt hands upon her head--not once but three times. She felt peace and love, and she knew the Lord is aware of her and her illness. She said to me--"I know everything will be all right no matter what happens." She feels she was annointed and administered to by guardian angels.
Note by Marsha Ault: How grateful we should be knowing Grandmother Ault is one of our guardian angels at this moment! What are we doing with her legacy?
1 comment:
I can't believe it's been 4 years. I miss her too.
Post a Comment